Marriage is often regarded as an institution and hence breaking a marriage and opting for divorce is a big step. It is a serious matter as it involves two persons, their families and most importantly children (if there is one). Whenever a couple decides to terminate their marriage, there are innumerable questions that strikes the mind.
It is quite normal to look for answers for divorce related questions as after divorce dramatic changes are going to take place. Both the partners need to know about the changes and the consequences of ending their marriage before thinking about it. It is common for them to seek advice from their friends or family members. They may also take help from local divorce groups who can answer their queries
If you have decided to end your marriage, there might be several queries in your mind too. There will be queries related to issues of separation, annulment, child custody, visitation issues, matters relating to child support, property division after divorce, domestic violence and many more.
Here is a list of some of the frequently asked questions:
- Is divorce the only option for you?
- How will divorce impact children in different age groups?
- Is the process of divorce affordable for me?
- Should I consider reconciliation?
- Can I get divorced without going to court?
- Can I get a divorce if I am pregnant?
- Is it essential to live apart for some time to get a divorce?
- Does my child need a person to talk to in my divorce?
- How to change my name after a divorce?
- Why dating during a divorce is unwise?
- Is it possible to get divorced without going to court?
- What is the financial impact of divorce?
- When can I remarry after a divorce?
- Who pays for debts made during the marriage?
- Should I give a second chance to save my marriage?
- Am I prepared to face the consequences of divorce?
- Should I disclose everything related to my marriage to my lawyer?
- Is it important to talk to my spouse regarding the decision of divorce?
- Should I inform my parents and in-laws about divorce?
- How to get a divorce?
- How to get a divorce without spouse consent?
- What are the legal terms and rules to serve divorce papers?
- How to stop divorce proceedings?
- What are the different grounds for divorce?
- What are the different types of separation?
- What are the methods for divorce?
- How long does a divorce take?
- What does a divorce cost?
- Is it essential to hire an attorney?
- How to serve divorce papers?
- How to work with your lawyer?
- Can a spouse refuse to sign papers?
- What is the best way to settle divorce issues?
- What are the divorce laws in my state?
- Does it matter who files the petition in the court?
- What is an uncontested divorce?
- Does a spouse have to prove fault of the other spouse to get a divorce?
- Can the waiting period be waived?
- How the working of mediation takes place?
- How mediation works instead of a lawyer?
- How to file for legal separation?
- How to get a divorce without a lawyer?
- How to save on the cost of your divorce cost?
- What is legal separation?
- What are the benefits of legal separation?
- What to consider during separation?
- Are online divorces trustworthy?
- How to fire an attorney?
- What are the residency requirements for filing for divorce?
- What are annulment and its impact?
- What is an uncontested divorce?
- What is marital settlement agreement?
- What is the difference between legal separation and a divorce?
- What is the difference between serving divorce papers and filing for it?
- Can I change lawyers once the case is open?
- Can I hire another lawyer to be a co-council?
- What can be done if I don’t trust my lawyer’s advice?
- What if I can’t afford to pay my lawyer up front?
- What if I can’t afford the growing legal fees in my custody battle?
- What if my lawyer threatened to sue me if I don’t pay more?
- How do I proceed with a military divorce?
- Can I have my divorce moved to another county?
- Is a social security number required?
- Do I have to include my address on the divorce papers?
Property Related Questions:
- How to liquidate assets?
- How to protect your assets?
- How is property divided in your state?
- How is the length and amount of alimony determined?
- Who decides the division of assets?
- How to determine the actual value of property and other assets?
- Is it important to declare the assets?
Child Custody Related Questions:
- What is child custody and visitation?
- Is it necessary to file for a divorce to get custody and visitation?
- What are the different types of custody?
- What factors will the court look to in deciding child custody?
- Is a court order for child custody ever modified?
- How is the amount of child support determined?
The above mentioned questions are quite common. Once you get the answers to these questions, it will be of great help. You can check out journals, websites, and books or even ask your lawyer to get the answers. Ultimately divorce is definitely not an easy task. It is totally a legal matter and needs an expert legal advice. This is why a clear idea about divorce process, its procedure, its consequences and other important facts will help you in going ahead with your decision. Proper knowledge will help in making the whole process hassle free for you and your partner.